Monday, February 29, 2016

Tonight's Class

  There was so much that I wanted to say tonight. I'm so glad that I was finally able to make it to class, at the best time. What we talked about is something I am currently dealing with. My youngest son who will be two in April, was 'diagnosed' with Chronic Otitis Media and something the doctor brought up offended me and my husband. He stated that ''Autism" may be in the works for him. An Ear, Throat, Nose doctor.. trying to put a possible label on my child. Unprofessional, right? Anyways, an ABR was scheduled (which I canceled it because I cannot go through with putting my child to sleep), and First Steps was referred. I am so thankful that Mica was able to talk to us tonight. It has really helped my nerves as well as our discussions as a class. To answer the question again tonight, why start early? If my child who is delayed in speech doesn't get the help he needs, hearing disability or not.. starting early will enable him to an easier and better life. We all want our children to thrive, if something is keeping them from thriving.. we need to help them over that bump in the road so they can be successful as individuals. :) I wanted to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment